Clemeth Abercrombie’s career in acoustics is fueled by his passion to combine three of his principal interests, Architecture, Science and Music. He has always appreciated the delicate attention to detail that is necessary to create rich and nuanced aural landscapes. His love for great sound and the science that makes it possible has become a defining influence in his career.
Clemeth has a background in Engineering and Acoustics. He has a Masters in Architectural Acoustics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and he received his Bachelors degree in General Engineering from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (USA).
Prior to joining Artec, Clemeth worked as a Acoustical Engineer at Daly-Standlee and Associates, where he worked on several projects including the Broadway Rose Theater in Tigard, Oregon (USA) and the Spirit Mountain Casino in Grand Ronde, Oregon (USA). He has also worked as an independant audio consultant working on live sound engineering and sound communication systems. His client list includes Krannert Center for the Performing Arts in Illinois (USA) and Foellinger Auditorium in Illinois (USA). Clemeth’s very first job came at the age of 6 when he performed site inspections for C.F Abercrombie Architects (his father’s company).
Clemeth is a member of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), the Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE) and the Audio Engineering Society (AES).
Additional interests include new music, playing the piano and electric bass, bike riding, cooking and eating. He also loves attending concerts – usually more than his budget will allow.
experience involves the following:
- Darat King Abdullah II Performing Arts Center, Amman, Jordan
- Dr Phillips Orlando Performing Arts Center, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Elstein Music and Arts Center, Zichron Yaákov, Israel
- Harpa: Reykjavík Concert Hall and Conference Centre, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Jiangsu Grand Theater competition, Jiangsu, Republic of China
- La Maison Symphonique de Montréal, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- North Jutland House of
Music, Aalborg, Denmark
- New York Fashion Week Center, New York, NY, USA
- West Kowloon Cultural District, Hong Kong, SAR
- Zarautz Arts Centre, Zarautz, Spain