Andrew Morgan brings a background in physics and music to Artec. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy and Physics from Wheaton College in Illinois, USA. He has a passion for creating facilities that “work” and that foster the creation of great art. His work with Artec is aided by his experience designing and operating live sound reinforcement systems and his love for the classical music repertoire.
In his time at Artec, Andrew has been privileged to work on a wide variety of facilities including concert halls, broadway theaters, educational facilities and houses of worship. He has been project manager for the Artec team on facilities on 4 continents with construction valued over $1 billion.
Andrew has been a member of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) and the Audio Engineering Society (AES) since 2003. He is a member of the Concert Hall Research Group of the ASA and has been the technical tours coordinator for several New York AES Conventions.
Andrew also remains active in performing groups. Throughout the past few years, he has participated in several vocal ensembles. He currently performs with the New York Choral Society which presents concerts regularly at Carnegie Hall.
Andrew's projects experience involves the following:
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Orlando, Florida, USA
- The College of Willliam and Mary, Williamsburg, VA, USA
- Grand Theatre du Bouregreg, Rabat, Morocco
- Gustavus Adolphus College, Music Facilities Study, Saint Peter, MN, USA
- Harpa: Reykjavík Concert Hall and Conference Centre, Reykjavík, Iceland
- La Maison Symphonique de Montréal, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Minneapolis Orchestra
Hall, Acoustic Upgrade Study, MN, USA
- Musikhuset Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
- National Music Forum, Wroclaw, Poland
- New Zealand School of Music Programming Study, Wellington New Zealand
- The Palladium, Carmel Performing Arts Center in Carmel, Indiana, USA
- Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Costa Mesa,
- The Star Performing Arts Centre, Singapore
- The Tarkington and Studio Theater, Carmel, Indiana, USA